Field Service Engineer / Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Herbert BV is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of systems for the fresh vegetable packing industry and Process (French fries & chips) several other industries. The ability to design, manufacture, install and service complete solutions is the backbone of the company’s activity. Product development is on-going, with both improvements to existing machinery and complete new concepts enable Herbert’s’ to maintain their position at the forefront of the fresh industry.
Automation has become a major influence in the design of new layouts with labour saving requirements and efficiency of operation becoming the major factors in the decision to automate lines. Herbert BV are responding to this need in UK and Europe and will be providing a sales network, servicing resources and automation solutions.
We take all disciplines required in Customer Projects; we help with designing in, drains / water recycling / power consumption / cooling / packaging / end of line automation.
Based from home, you will travel to key client sites where responsibilities will include operating and maintaining and installing industrial vision inspection systems for the agro Fresh Pack industry and equipment to ensure a reliable and continuous supply of the fresh pack products.
- Carry out reactive & preventative maintenance calls as per operational requirements.
- Respond to emergency call outs..
- Operate and maintain plant in a professional & safe manner, in accordance with company’s standards and expectations.
- The role will be field based mainly in Europe, but travel outside of this area may be required, due to operational demand.
- A full UK or European driving licence and a proactive flexible approach to working hours are therefore essential.
- Management of local spares inventory.
- Provide reporting and job information for work done.
- Work with other Herbert contractors.
You will ideally be multi-skilled & experienced in operating and maintaining industrial and vison systems & equipment in an industrial environment, or similar. Knowledge and experience of Fresh pack processes and supporting distribution systems; would be desirable, but not essential.
Ideal attributes desired are:
- Vision systems experiences is useful but training can be provided
- Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical experience/background.
- Working knowledge of control/ plant monitoring systems, along with fault diagnostics. Experience on low, medium voltage and control systems.
- Any knowledge of some of the following:- PLC controls / crop handling / It systems / Vision systems will be a benefit.
- The ability to read design specifications/ technical drawings/ electrical drawings.
- Electrical and/ or an appropriate mechanical engineering qualification having served a recognised apprenticeship is ideal.
- A good level of IT/computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to effectively prioritise, in a proactive & self-initiated manner.